Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How I met Rent

I like birds
and I like kung fu
I like days in the summer
when the bees are out
in spades
I like wearing the same shirt
every day
and cooking in one
pot
and having nothing
and still smiling
I like the ocean
when its
limp
and restless
at the same time
I like the beach
with it's
cigarrette butts
and it's
empti
whiskey bottles
and defeated bums who sit
on the wall
with the grafitti
I like
traffic lights
that are green
and yellow
the red ones
kinda freak me out
I like you
and your blue eyes
and the greatest
prize
is being in love
with you
while you drive
the black car
over the hill
I was 17
and so happy
in such a demented
and tormented way
that it makes
me smile
to think of all those
things I might have forgotten
I miss nothing about it
except my looks
and the way you used
to lust after me
when we were
alone
the sheets
never were
heavy
they were always light
and I recall
love and sitting with a book
and reading for 8 hours
making love for 4 hours
and eating pasta with you
and loving forever
and ever and ever
your little beard and
your smiling eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment