Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waves



“Waves”-CJ


If the dark sun
In the way of light
There are
Finite ways
To shatter light
And then
Make it whole again
If I took a shot
Of sunshine
It would
Be deadlier
Than moonshine
And would
Corrode
My innards
Like a good whisky
The blackest
Criminal
The sagest
Of saints
All belong
To sunlight
Like sunlight belongs
To all creation
That shine
That you pull
From when you create
Makes
Saints
And devils
And angels
Out of mere
Human beings
And lovers
Of fire
Stand by the shore
Watching the
Waves.

I thought long and hard
About writing you
And then wondered
“what good would that do?”
You sitting in your
Rocking chair
Fire blazing in your soul
If you said anything
Into my mind that
I could believe
It was the words
“I love you”
Over and over
While fire
Leapt from your soul to
Mine
In the darkest hour
I leapt from your
Soul to mine
And my cat
I had to put him to sleep
You will never meet Mr. Toby
His fire was extinguished
But it still burns in my soul
Every being we love
Is a piece of our insides
And passion is just a word
And bodies are finite
My love for you is not
The word love
It is a wave
That transcends
All thinking knowing and being
It is a moment
When you slip in and out
Of being
Like a being in a Surrealist
Painting
Somehow shimmering
On a plain of being
As eternal
and perfect as this one
small episode…





No comments:

Post a Comment