Friday, March 11, 2011

urban cry of defiance and assorted bullishit

"I live here in hell
my kids go to school
here in hell
they like to play with construction paper

I roam the ghetto colored in black and red and blue and green
seeming obscene this is my scene
here in at the end of the world

in the bleakness
where I fucked that bitch up
and told the same endless
story again and again

of Urban despair
while my children play underground
sleeping in the sand and rousing themselves
to write poetry of head wounds and lemonade
I live in an army of military greens
and a box made of iron and I feel nothing
but psychotic misery
yet something else escapes from my tears
a small flower of blood and astringent
bleaching my boxes, I grow flowers in a
toilet seat and the dark condemnation
that came from your soul was a leaf
that fell between the hands of a youth
covered in warm colors who's hands
reached deeply into the Earth and
grew flowers inside of cups of
soil and cups of coffee
The land is alive in this place where
the criminals roam
ready to kill for sport
yet there are children
covered in paint and love
everywhere
dancing in the alleys
between the houses and the cars
life brings water and bones
in the form of assembled animals
cats and dogs and elephants
live and love and cry here
my hate and despair is a flourish
of paper, paint and trees
\anger finds bullets in the mud
drivebys are common as are thoughts
and life come from the root
of the mother
who turns
and becomes life
here in Richmond
the city I love and live in
Urban cowboys
prowl drugstores and hair salons
after dark
like devil sh ghosts
waiting for suicide
and for acceptance into
the mud and the sky
covered in clear
shining tears
this land is forgotten
and it is a jewel
like so many
small oblivious
cities"...

No comments:

Post a Comment