Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan: musings

March 17 2011 Luggage Store Gallery (on the eve of what could possibly be the beginning of the end of the world as we know it)

Here at the end
Of the world
From the shores
Of Japan
From
The bitter
Loaves
Of stale
Bread
On the table of life
When the acid rain comes
If I told you that
Someone
Is stalking us
His name
Is death
And he thrives
On the mire
Of stupid decisions
Played out again and again
In places of power…

If this power plant blows…
We all suffer
And yet I feel remorse
“I’ve never been”
What’s more
Than a lost love?
A lost country
A lost continent
Sushi and Shinto shrines
Bright streamers of blood red
Haiku
Dragons and
Samurai
I missed out on being grateful for Japan
Till it was later than I thought
Now I worry with the world
And imagine a Shinto world
With nature spirits
Praying with us
For the water and rice
And the honesty
To say we are not doomed
Merely hurt
Down to the core of our being

Sorrow finds it’s home
In the trees
And the radioactivity
Itself
Where hands
Work feverish and desperate
To save lives

I want to dream the power plants
Out of existence
I want to suffer from nausea
At my nightmare\
And awaken unafraid of a bright
Harmless day
I want the world
To be another place
Another time
The time when I was young
Before exploding buildings
And exploding airplanes
And exploding power plants

This shrine
The tree in front of my house

Will the leaves stay green?


No comments:

Post a Comment