Friday, June 11, 2010

small victories: LSG friday June 11 2010

tonight I passed a woman on the street saying to her dealer
“no...I don't want to shoot anymore”
on my way past her to the taqueria
I thought about all the little dramas
that go on around me
all the losses
and victories
that people hide
in every day conversation
I wished her luck
silently
and cursed the demon
that followed her down the street
uttering “well what are you doing tonight then?”
parasite. I thought.
Tonight the music was good
loud and angry and enveloping and random
as good noise music should be
I forgot about the lady and her problem
and I had my burrito
in a room full of pale
faces
the night flew by
lights outside blurring to the sound
of chaos
I love it here
I took pictures of the bathroom
such an art piece,
lonely
the walls bleed graffiti
I sit and write about
life
I hope that woman stays straight
I thought
it haunted me the whole way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment