Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crayfish

Life begins with a spark of light
and then advances through mush
towards the infinite light
that would be the sparks home

Children have curiosity
and Honesty
in their scraped knees and
blue pants and wild windy hair \

They play in the island
on the road to the Post Office
and I see them
hanging off the bright orange
plastic slides and monkey bars

I wish to be their age
have a new father and mother
new siblings a new life
extending out of endless
bright flashes

Pluses of being

It would be better to live again
be a little girl (or could I even be a boy?)
all over again...
life would extend itself
\outward from another pulse

My heart beats and my blood
sinks
and I feel like a stone
and I trudge to the post office and back

It is a hot day and the sun
is like one burning spark
setting little lights in motion

 passing the park on my way back
I remember my father in the canoe
on the lake
paddling
and the crayfish under the water
so insect-like and odd/
 /tiny little lobsters/
and I feel the cold
wind
on the hot day
and feel grateful/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment