Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Richmond parts 2 and 3


Richmond #2
In this
This hall of glass
Thin white velvet curtains
Swing wildly in front of the mirror
On either side
A red cat and a blue monkey
Frieda Kahlo
Laughs by my side
And the amusement
Is a circus
Of children laughing
And people dancing
I sit and think in my
Disguise
I think
I am saner than that time
It’s a lovely day outside
And the oranges
And grapes
And cherries
Are orange and purple
And red
And the little market
Has all kinds of veggies and fruits
Where do thoughts come from?
Where do they go?
Why do I have questions
Of a philosophical nature
Here in the most beautiful of cities
Still though there is death \
And crime and people driving
Machines that grind through the streets
In the evening, In Richmond. I am alive.
I can see the blear lights
They are cold and dark
And twinkling
Like little gems
In the sky and up the street and
High upon the mountain.
Red and purple and orange lights\
Shining. Giving a reality to themselves.
Nature is the twisted tree beside the road….
Richmond #3
The night in the light/I stay up till 4:00 am/and laugh
With Buddha/in my kitchen/cooking food/life is a/
Recovery process/there is a cat outside/in the rain/making
the porch light go on and off/I feel tension with the quiet/
but am grateful for the soft snores coming from the other room/

I roam the house/painting watercolors/reading the internet/
no sleep till 6 am/ light is in short supply/since I sleep all day/
love the day when it is quiet and peaceful/call my dad on the phone/
hear his voice/smile inside/life is a series of delusions and insights/but which is which?
I sit still. For many hours and look at my weedy yard/Buddha sits under my lemon tree…
My lemon tree. Has green leaves/ yellow lemons,
I never go to the churches down either end of the street…/
/I go happily to the Pup Hut to get a hotdog…/
/People stop at the glass tinting place to get their cars worked on/
/staring out the pup-hut window/ Dogs bark savagely while I am on my way.
a bicycle nearly runs me over/faces are all colors and types/babies lounge in
strollers/ Lovers walk together…

No comments:

Post a Comment