Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love (for 3 women)


1.My love for you is like

The strangeness of the ocean

When the ocean is

Green

You know like that jade green

Color that is so very very beautiful

My love for you is like an owl

On a postcard with a Jackson Pollack stamp

And random chicken scratchings on it

My love for you is like some kind of a mystery

My love for you is un-seeable, unknowable,

Sometimes unbearable.

My love for you goes in into perpetuity

Like love sometimes does….



2.My love for you is a thought in my mind\

And a warmth in my soul, and a certain amount of

No small amount of trepidation, my love for you

Thinks its clever but it probably isn’t

My love for you is a strange song.


3. My love for you remembers you

When I was small

You were a head of silver hair

And a lot of tears...

But I remember red rose tea

And chicken soup when I was sick

My love for you is a puzzled cat



4.My love is like a red red

Bird

A flock of them

Would really be something

Like wrapping paper
unfurling,
Crimson all through the sky



No comments:

Post a Comment