Thursday, March 3, 2011

Waiting for Irene

I am waiting for you
Irene
My master
The mother of my fate
The voice in the dark
The shadow of my sadness
Irene, my lover
Who never answered
My letters without
A certain condescending
Kindness
You felt sorry for me
As I was plagued
By the bitter melon
Of your pain
The taste
I washed it down
With tears
and a corona
somehow
we felt like lovers
who knew
nothing of
love
why did
the ice melt?
Only on your hand
But not your heart
You long to be
Somewhere
Away from
The antagonism
Of streets filled
With sorrow and
Loneliness
I care for you
Irene
Wherever you are
Fighting the war
Of consciousness
The war of agony
The war against
Death
Would that all
The letters I wrote
Said what they should have said….
That I am filled with passion
For you.

No comments:

Post a Comment