Saturday, January 29, 2011

shadow on the wall: part 1

Shadows on the wall part 1
Love,
Shadow,
Concept art,
All languish
Under the
Streetlight
The city sleeps
Old burrito
Fills the gutter
With stench
Urine and carbon
The smells follow
Me up a flight of stairs
Crawl inside
Empty giant white paper box
With big windows looking out
Onto the street
Sometimes there is music here
I follow the sounds
Through the lethargy
Of yesterday and the apathy
Of the sleeper
Who dreams in slow motion
The dreamer is me today
Tongue hanging out I languish
With the sounds as musicians
Pile in and begin to play
Everything sounds lovely
I feel vaguely responsible
For the music that dies
When the sister city
Sleeps and dreams inside
The dreamer.
My shadow is your art
On the wall
My pain is your catharsis
Darkness comes in many emotive
Flavors
Including chilled.
Life goes on living itself
Whether we are here or not
Whether we like anything or love anyone
Or smile at anyone on the train
Ghosts of fluttering shadows follow\
Me on board the narrow winding track
Life is in its essence
Always chaos
When you smile
I see butterflies \
Swarming

No comments:

Post a Comment