Friday, April 9, 2010

OCEAN

...On the sandy shores of another world. The Ocean rises and falls. I breathe in the soft, sea air.
My father sleeps on the shore.
I tumble in the Ocean. She envelopes me and pulls me, tossing and turning.
In the bliss of childhood, I do not fear death.....instead contemplate my own oblivion as the water turns and bubbles. I approach an oncoming wave and sail over it's crest. Body board floating at my side. The warm sun beats down upon my face. Salt stings my eyes. My toes are close to blue, stiff and numb.
I fall through water and air. and land face first in sand. Ocean waves fall on my head and body, pummelling me.
Seagulls raise a chant. Dive for food. Crashing into the water in a certain rhythm. It is inside me the pulse of wave and moon. The sky overhead reels. turning, turning, I am always turning in circles. Crash. Swash. Oblivion. Sweet surrender.
The sea takes no prisoners.
Surfers all swim in a line and ride the waves deep into the shore line.
i sleep on my board. Dozing in the hot sun. The sea brings life.
I watch the birds. They sit peaceably on the glassy surface of the water, eyeing the hot sun.
Ocean accepts flame and they become one. The horizon glows with red tendrils. I die in the water with the flame, and come burning to the shore. Night falls on the town.
-end-

1 comment:

  1. You paint with words - in 3D! All my senses are tingling. - acv :)

    ReplyDelete